Jennifer M. Keith
Current Employment Position
- Family Law Actions
- Complex Community Property Issues
- Child and Spousal Support
- Custody Disputes
- Alternative Dispute Resolution and Mediation
- Premarital and Pre-Divorce Counseling
- Domestic Violence
Ms. Keith has been a practicing Family Law attorney since she obtained her license in 1998. She is a founding partner of Christy, Keith & Donnell Family Law Group, P.C. and is a Certified Family Law Specialist by the State Bar of California, Board of Legal Specialization.
Ms. Keith provides assistance in all aspects of complex family law matters. She has significant experience litigating and settling family law cases involving complex property issues, high conflict custody matters, relocation requests, and domestic violence. Ms. Keith is a skilled and passionate advocate for her clients. While she always seeks to find paths towards settlement and amicable dispute resolution, she does not balk at litigation when necessary and has significant trial experience. She has litigated multi-day trials with various experts in front of both public and private courts, as well as worked cooperatively towards settlement in high net worth cases with private settlement judges and jointly retained accountants.
Prior to founding Christy, Keith & Donnell Family Law Group, P.C., Ms. Keith first began working on family law issues just out of high school when she volunteered at a clinic to help domestic violence victims request restraining orders. During college and law school she continued to volunteer her time with non-profit free legal assistance programs. After obtaining her law degree, she worked for many years with Legal Aid programs, advancing from Staff Attorney to Managing Attorney with Bay Area Legal Aid.
Among her accomplishments at Bay Area Legal Aid, Ms. Keith helped establish a free legal clinic, in collaboration with the San Mateo County Superior Court, which assists domestic violence survivors with requesting restraining orders. She moved to private practice in 2006 and began working as an Associate with Berra Stross & Wallacker, LLP. In 2007, she and her business partner, Michael Christy, co-founded Christy, Keith & Donnell Family Law Group, P.C.
Ms. Keith earned her bachelor's degree in Women's Studies from University of California, Santa Cruz in June 1995 and her law degree from Golden Gate University, School of Law in May 1998 with a certificate in Public Interest Law.
Ms. Keith is fluent in Spanish.
Ms. Keith is a proud mother, and enjoys cooking, gardening, and riding horses with her daughter during her off-time.
- Golden Gate University School of Law, San Francisco, California
- J.D. – 1998
- University of California at Santa Cruz
- B.A. – 1995
- Major: Women’s Studies
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- Distinguished Peer Rated for High Professional Achievement, Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings
- Northern California Super Lawyer, 2015 - 2022
- Northern California Rising Star Super Lawyer, 2013 - 2014
- Named to Top Attorneys in Northern California as published by San Francisco Magazine for 2013, 2014, 2015
- Named to Top Rated Lawyer for San Francisco Women as published by Martindale- Hubbell for 2013, 2014, 2015
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Family Law Specialist, State Bar of California, Board of Legal Specialization
- Association of Certified Family Law Specialists
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
- San Mateo County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- San Francisco County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Alameda County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- California Bar Association, Family Law Section
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Berra Stross & Wallacker, LLP, Associate
- Bay Area Legal Aid, Managing Attorney
- Bay Area Legal Aid, Staff Attorney