Current Employment Position
- Family Law
- Complex Child Custody Disputes
- Dispute Resolution
- Domestic Violence
Mr. Christy has practiced family law exclusively since January 2005. He is a founding partner of Christy & Keith Family Law Group and is a Certified Family Law Specialist, certified by the State Bar of California, Board of Legal Specialization.
Mr. Christy specializes in practicing all aspects of family law, including complex child custody disputes, child and spousal support issues, property division, post-judgment modification proceedings, and domestic violence restraining orders. Mr. Christy often serves as minor's counsel representing children in high-conflict custody matters. Mr. Christy also represents clients in the collaborative law process and is an experienced mediator assisting clients in resolving their disputes outside of litigation.
Mr. Christy began his legal career as an Assistant Staff Judge Advocate (JAG) in the United States Air Force where he served on active duty until April of 2003. As a JAG, Mr. Christy deployed to Kuwait and Afghanistan following the September 11, 2001, attacks on America. Mr. Christy was named the Air Force Outstanding JAG of the Year in 2002 for the Air Force Space Command and the 14th Air Force.
After separating from the Air Force, Mr. Christy joined Dillingham & Murphy, LLP, in 2003 where he practiced civil litigation and acted as a volunteer attorney through San Francisco's Volunteer Legal Services Program, representing indigent clients in family law matters. In January 2005, Mr. Christy joined Berra Stross & Wallacker, LLP, where he practiced strictly family law. In September 2007, Mr. Christy and Ms. Keith founded Christy and Keith Family Law Group.
Mr. Christy earned his bachelor's degree from University of California, Los Angeles in 1991 and his law degree from the University of San Diego, School of Law in 1997.
Mr. Christy is a proud father, avid runner, surfer, and triathlete.
- University of San Diego School of Law, San Diego, California
- J.D. - 1997
- Magdalen College, University of Oxford
- University of California, Los Angeles
- B.A. - 1991
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- U.S. Air Force Court of Criminal Appeals
- Northern California Super Lawyer, 2011 - 2019
- Chair of the San Mateo County Bar Association Family Law Section, 2008
- Outstanding Volunteer in Public Service Award, 2004
- Recipient-Air Force Outstanding Judge Advocate of the Year, 2002
- Recipient-Air Force Meritorious Service Medal for service at VAFB , 2002
- Recipient-Air Force Meritorious Service Medal for service in Afghanistan, 2002
- Nominee-Air Force Outstanding Judge Advocate of the Year, 2001
- White House Intern, 1997-1998
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Family Law Specialist, State Bar of California, Board of Legal Specialization
- Association of Certified Family Law Specialists
- California Bar Association
- San Mateo County Bar Association